||Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0-Application Development Foundation
|No. of Questions
||Q & A with Explanation
|Question & Answers
$50 - Unlimited life time access Immediate access to this & 3000+ more exam training tools included in this package
70-536 Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
TS: Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation
About this Exam
This Technology Specialist (TS) exam, Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework, Application Development Foundation, became available in March 2006. This exam is available in English, French, German, Japanese, and Chinese (Simplified). Exam 70-536 is designed to measure your knowledge of .NET development fundamentals and is not tied to a particular version of .NET. Since the exam is now applicable to both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 certification tracks, we have changed the name of the exam. Formerly TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Application Development Foundation, Exam 70-536 is now called TS: Microsoft .NET Framework, Application Development Foundation. If you are a .NET 2.0 developer, you do not need to learn .NET 3.5 to pass Exam 70-536; conversely, if you are a .NET 3.5 developer, you do not need to review .NET 2.0 to pass the exam.
Candidates for this exam work on a team in a medium-sized or large development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Candidates should have at least two to three years of experience developing Web-based, Windows-based, or distributed applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, or the .NET Framework 3.5. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008.
Credit Toward Certification
Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Workflow Foundation Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Applications
* Microsoft Certified Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
This Training will cover
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Developing applications that use system types and collections (15 percent)
* Manage data in a .NET Framework application by using .NET Framework system types.
* May include but is not limited to: Value types; Nullable type; Reference types; Attributes; Generic types; Exception classes; Boxing and UnBoxing ; TypeForwardedToAttribute class
* Manage a group of associated data in a .NET Framework application by using collections.
* May include but is not limited to: ArrayList class; Collection interfaces; Iterators; Hashtable class; CollectionBase class and ReadOnlyCollectionBase class; DictionaryBase class and DictionaryEntry class; Comparer class; Queue class; SortedList class; BitArray class; Stack class
* Improve type safety and application performance in a .NET Framework application by using generic collections.
* May include but is not limited to: Collection.Generic interfaces; Generic Dictionary; Generic Comparer class and Generic EqualityComparer class; Generic KeyValuePair structure; Generic List class, Generic List.Enumerator structure, and Generic SortedList class; Generic Queue class and Generic Queue.Enumerator structure; Generic SortedDictionary class; Generic LinkedList; Generic Stack class and Generic Stack.Enumerator structure
* Manage data in a .NET Framework application by using specialized collections.
* May include but is not limited to: Specialized String classes; Specialized Dictionary; Named collections; CollectionsUtil; BitVector32 structure and BitVector32.Section structure
* Implement .NET Framework interfaces to cause components to comply with standard contracts.
* May include but is not limited to: IComparable interface; IDisposable interface; IConvertible interface; ICloneable interface; IEquatable interface; IFormattable interface
* Control interactions between .NET Framework application components by using events and delegates.
* May include but is not limited to: Delegate class; EventArgs class; EventHandler delegates
Implementing service processes, threading, and application domains in a .NET Framework application (11 percent)
* Implement, install, and control a service.
* May include but is not limited to: Inherit from ServiceBase class; ServiceController class and ServiceControllerPermission class; ServiceInstaller and ServiceProcessInstaller class; SessionChangeDescription structure and SessionChangeReason enumeration
* Develop multithreaded .NET applications.
* May include but is not limited to: Thread class; ThreadPool class; ThreadStart delegate, ParameterizedThreadStart delegate, and SynchronizationContext class; Timeout class, Timer class, TimerCallback delegate, WaitCallback delegate, WaitHandle class, and WaitOrTimerCallback delegate; ThreadExceptionEventArgs class and ThreadExceptionEventHanlder class; ThreadState enumeration and ThreadPriority enumeration; ReaderWriterLock class; AutoResetEvent class and ManualResetEvent class; IAsyncResult interface and ICancelableAsyncResult interface (refer System Namespace); EventWaitHandle class, RegisterWaitHandle class, SendOrPostCallback delegate and IOCompletionCallback delegate; Interlocked class, NativeOverlapped structure and Overlapped class; ExecutionContext class, HostExecutionContext class, HostExecutionContextManager class, and ContextCallback delegate; LockCookie structure, Monitor class, Mutex class, and Semaphore class
* Create a unit of isolation for common language runtime within a .NET Framework application by using application domains.
* May include but is not limited to: Create an application domain; Unload an application domain; Configure an application domain; Retrieve setup information from an application domain; Load assemblies into an application domain
Embedding configuration, diagnostic, management, and installation features into a .NET Framework application (14 percent)
* Embed configuration management functionality into a .NET Framework application.
* May include but is not limited to: Configuration class and ConfigurationManager class; ConfigurationSettings class, ConfigurationElement class, ConfigurationElementCollection class and ConfigurationElementProperty class; Implement IConfigurationSectionHandler interface; ConfigurationSection class, ConfigurationSectionCollection class, ConfigurationSectionGroup class and ConfigurationSectionGroupCollection class; Implement ISettingsProviderService interface; Implement IApplicationSettingsProvider interface; ConfigurationValidationBase class; Implement IConfigurationSystem interface
* Create a custom Microsoft Windows Installer for .NET components by using the System.Configuration.Install namespace, and configure .NET Framework applications by using configuration files, environment variables, and the .NET Framework Configuration tool (Mscorcfg.msc).
* May include but is not limited to: Installer class; Configure which runtime version a .NET Framework application should use; Configure where the runtime should search for an assembly; Configure the location of an assembly and which version of the assembly to use; Direct the runtime to use the DEVPATH environment variable when searching for assemblies; AssemblyInstaller class; ComponentInstaller class; Configure a .NET Framework application by using the .NET Framework Configuration tool (Mscorcfg.msc); ManagedInstallerClass; InstallContext class; InstallerCollection class; Implement IManagedInstaller interface; InstallEventHandler delegate; Configure concurrent garbage collection; Register remote objects by using configuration files
* Manage an event log by using the System.Diagnostics namespace.
* May include but is not limited to: Write to an event log; Read from an event log; Create a new event log
* Manage system processes and monitor the performance of a .NET application by using the diagnostics functionality of the .NET Framework.
* May include but is not limited to: Get a list of all running processes; Retrieve information about the current process; Get a list of all modules loaded by a process; PerformanceCounter class, PerformanceCounterCategory and CounterCreationData class; Start a process both by using and by not using command-line arguments; StackTrace class; StackFrame class
* Debug and trace a .NET Framework application by using the System.Diagnostics namespace.
* May include but is not limited to: Debug class; Debugger class; Trace class, CorrelationManager class; TraceListener class; TraceSource class; TraceSwitch class; XmlWriterTraceListener class; DelimitedListTraceListener class and EventlogTraceListener class; Debugger attributes
* Embed management information and events into a .NET Framework application.
* May include but is not limited to: Retrieve a collection of Management objects by using the ManagementObjectSearcher class and its derived classes; ManagementQuery class; Subscribe to management events by using the ManagementEventWatcher class
Implementing serialization and input/output functionality in a .NET Framework application (18 percent)
* Serialize or deserialize an object or an object graph by using runtime serialization techniques.
* May include but is not limited to: Serialization interfaces; Serialization attributes; SerializationEntry structure and SerializationInfo class; ObjectManager class; Formatter class, FormatterConverter class, and FormatterServices class; StreamingContext structure
* Control the serialization of an object into XML format by using the System.Xml.Serialization namespace.
* May include but is not limited to: Serialize and deserialize objects into XML format by using the XmlSerializer class; Control serialization by using serialization attributes; Implement XML serialization interfaces to provide custom formatting for XML serialization; Delegates and event handlers provided by the System.Xml.Serialization namespace
* Implement custom serialization formatting by using the Serialization Formatter classes.
* May include but is not limited to: SoapFormatter; BinaryFormatter class
* Access files and folders by using the File System classes.
* May include but is not limited to: File class and FileInfo class; Directory class and DirectoryInfo class; DriveInfo class and DriveType enumeration; FileSystemInfo class and FileSystemWatcher class; Path class; ErrorEventArgs class and ErrorEventHandler delegate; RenamedEventArgs class and RenamedEventHandler delegate
* Manage byte streams by using Stream classes.
* May include but is not limited to: FileStream class; Stream Class (NOT Readers and Writer classes, as they are separate objectives); MemoryStream class; BufferedStream class
* Manage .NET Framework application data by using Reader and Writer classes.
* May include but is not limited to: StringReader class and StringWriter class; TextReader class and TextWriter class; StreamReader class and StreamWriter class; BinaryReader class and BinaryWriter class
* Compress or decompress stream information in a .NET Framework application and improve the security of application data by using isolated storage.
* May include but is not limited to: IsolatedStorageFile class; IsolatedStorageFileStream class; DeflateStream class; GZipStream class
Improving the security of .NET Framework applications by using the .NET Framework security features (20 percent)
* Implement code access security to improve the security of a .NET Framework application.
* May include but is not limited to: SecurityManager class; CodeAccessPermission class; Modify the Code Access Security Policy at machine, user, and enterprise policy level by using the Caspol tool; PermissionSet class, NamedPermissionSet class, and PermissionSetCollection class; Standard Security interfaces
* Implement access control by using the System.Security.AccessControl classes.
* May include but is not limited to: DirectorySecurity class, FileSecurity class, FileSystemSecurity class, and RegistrySecurity class; AccessRule class; AuthorizationRule class and AuthorizationRuleCollection class; CommonAce class, CommonAcl class, CompoundAce class, GeneralAce class, and GeneralAcl class; AuditRule class; MutexSecurity class, ObjectSecurity class, and SemaphoreSecurity class
* Implement a custom authentication scheme by using the System.Security.Authentication classes.
* May include but is not limited to: Authentication algorithms and SSL protocols
* Encrypt, decrypt, and hash data by using the System.Security.Cryptography classes.
* May include but is not limited to: DES class and DESCryptoServiceProvider class; HashAlgorithm class; DSA class and DSACryptoServiceProvider class; SHA1 class and SHA1CryptoServiceProvider class; TripleDES and TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider class; MD5 class and MD5CryptoServiceProvider class; RSA class and RSACryptoServiceProvider class; RandomNumberGenerator class; CryptoStream class; CryptoConfig class; RC2 class and RC2CryptoServiceProvider class; AssymetricAlgorithm class; ProtectedData class and ProtectedMemory class; RijndaelManaged class and RijndaelManagedTransform class; CspParameters class; CryptoAPITransform class; Hash-Based Message Authentication Code (HMAC)
* Control permissions for resources by using the System.Security.Permission classes.
* May include but is not limited to: SecurityPermission class; PrincipalPermission class; FileIOPermission class; StrongNameIdentityPermission class; UIPermission class; UrlIdentityPermission class; PublisherIdentityPermission class; GacIdentityPermission class; FileDialogPermission class; DataProtectionPermission class; EnvironmentPermission class; IUnrestrictedPermission interface; RegistryPermission class; IsolatedStorageFilePermission class; KeyContainerPermission class; ReflectionPermission class; StorePermission class; SiteIdentityPermission class; ZoneIdentityPermission class
* Control code privileges by using System.Security.Policy classes. May include but is not limited to: ApplicationSecurityInfo class and ApplicationSecurityManager class; ApplicationTrust class and ApplicationTrustCollection class; Evidence and PermissionRequestEvidence class; CodeGroup class, FileCodeGroup class, FirstMatchCodeGroup class, NetCodeGroup class, and UnionCodeGroup class; Condition classes; PolicyLevel and PolicyStatement class; IApplicationTrustManager interface, IMembershipCondition interface, and IIdentityPermissionFactory interface
* Access and modify identity information by using the System.Security.Principal classes.
* May include but is not limited to: GenericIdentity class and GenericPrincipal class; WindowsIdentity class and WindowsPricipal class; NTAccount class and SecurityIdentifier class; IIdentity interface and IPrincipal interface; WindowsImpersonationContext class; IdentityReference class and IdentityReferenceCollection class
Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET Framework application (11 percent)
* Expose COM components to the .NET Framework and .NET Framework components to COM.
* May include but is not limited to: Import a type library as an assembly; Create COM types in managed code; Compile an interop project; Deploy an interop application; Qualify .NET types for interoperation; Apply Interop attributes, such as the ComVisibleAttribute class; Package an assembly for COM; Deploy an application for COM access.
* Call unmanaged DLL functions within a .NET Framework application, and control the marshalling of data in a .NET Framework application.
* May include but is not limited to: Platform Invoke; Create a class to hold DLL functions; Create prototypes in managed code; Call a DLL function; Call a DLL function in special cases, such as passing structures and implementing callback functions; Create a new Exception class and map it to an HRESULT; Default marshalling behavior; Marshal data with Platform Invoke; Marshal data with COM Interop; MarshalAsAttribute class and Marshal class
* Implement reflection functionality in a .NET Framework application, and create metadata, Microsoft intermediate language (MSIL), and a PE file by using the System.Reflection.Emit namespace.
* May include but is not limited to: Assembly class; Assembly Attributes; Info classes; Binder class and BindingFlags; MethodBase class and MethodBody class; Builder classes
* Send electronic mail to a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server for delivery from a .NET Framework application.
* May include but is not limited to: MailMessage class; MailAddress class and MailAddressCollection class; SmtpClient class, SmtpPermission class, and SmtpPermissionAttribute class; Attachment class, AttachmentBase class, and AttachmentCollection class; SmtpException class, SmtpFailedReceipientException class, and SmtpFailedReceipientsException class; SendCompletedEventHandler delegate; LinkedResource class and LinkedResourceCollection class; AlternateView class and AlternateViewCollection class
Implementing globalization, drawing, and text manipulation functionality in a .NET Framework application (11 percent)
Format data based on culture information.
* May include but is not limited to: Access culture and region information within a .NET Framework application; Format date and time values based on the culture; Format number values based on the culture; Perform culture-sensitive string comparison; Build a custom culture class based on existing culture and region classes.
* Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework application by using the System.Drawing namespace.
* May include but is not limited to: Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework application by using brushes, pens, colors, and fonts; Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework application by using graphics, images, bitmaps, and icons; Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework application by using shapes and sizes.
* Enhance the text handling capabilities of a .NET Framework application, and search, modify, and control text within a .NET Framework application by using regular expressions.
* May include but is not limited to: StringBuilder class; Regex class; Match class and MatchCollection class; Group class and GroupCollection class; Encode text by using Encoding classes.; Decode text by using Decoding classes.; Capture class and CaptureCollection class
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Microsoft MCTS 70-536 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 70-536 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 70-536 PDF or complete 70-536 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 70-536 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 70-536 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 70-536 Exam Prepration Tools
Certkingdom Microsoft MCTS preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Microsoft MCTS online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Microsoft MCTS exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
70-536 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 70-536 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 70-536 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Microsoft MCTS prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Microsoft MCTS practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
70-536 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Microsoft MCTS 70-536 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 70-536 online tests. Using MCTS 70-536 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
70-536 Exam Study Guides
All Microsoft MCTS online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the Microsoft MCTS training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Microsoft MCTS 70-536 tutorial and are great introductions to new Microsoft MCTS training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 70-536 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 70-536 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
70-536 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Microsoft MCTS 70-536 training. However you decide to learn 70-536 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom Microsoft MCTS products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
70-536 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Microsoft MCTSnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 70-536 will have you dancing the Microsoft MCTS jig before you know it
* MCTS 70-536 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get MCTS ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 70-536 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your MCTS exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's MCTS excellent preparation tools and tutorials.
||This is what our customers are saying about CertKingdom.com.
These are real testimonials.
Hi friends! CertKingdom.com is No1 in sites coz in 50$ I cant believe this but when I purchased the 50$ package it was amazing I Microsoft passed 10 Exams using CertKingdom guides in one Month So many thanks to CertKingdom Team , Please continue this offer for next year also. So many Thanks
Thank You! I would just like to thank CertKingdom.com for the Microsoft MCTS 70-536 test guide that I bought a couple months ago and I took my test and pass overwhelmingly. I completed the test of 74 questions in about 90 minutes I must say that their Q & A with Explanation are very amazing and easy to learn.
After my co-workers found out what I used to pass Microsoft MCTS 70-536 the test, that many are thinking about purchasing CertKingdom.com for their MCTS exams, I know I will again
I passed the Microsoft MCTS 70-536 exam yesterday, and now it's on to security exam. Couldn't have done it with out you. Thanks very much.
I Just Passed The Microsoft MCTS 70-536 Took 80 to 90 Minutes max to understand and easy to learn. Thanks For Everything Now On To 70-536
Hi CertKingdom.com thanks so much for your assistance in Microsoft MCTS i passed today it was a breeze and i couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again
I have used your Exam Study Guides for preparation for Microsoft MCTS 70-536. I also passed all those on the first round. I'm currently preparing for the Microsoft and theMCTS. exams
I just wanted to thank you for helping me get myMCTS 99$ package for all guides is awesome you made the journey a lot easier. I passed every test the first time using your
I take this opportunity to express my appreciation to the authors of CertKingdom.com Microsoft MCTS test guide. I purchased the 70-536 soon after my formal hands on training and honestly, my success in the test came out of nowhere but CertKingdom.com. Once again I say thanks
Dear CertKingdom.com team the test no. 70-536 that i took was very good, I received 880 and could have gain more just by learning your exams
Hi and Thanks I have just passed the MCTS Directory Services Design exam with a score of 928 thanks to you! The guide was excellent
Great stuff so far....I love this site....!! I am also on the Microsoft MCTS I decided to start from certkingdom and start learning study MCTS from home... It has been really difficult but so far I have managed to get through 4 exams....., now currently studying for the more exams.... Have a good day.................................................. Cheers
Thanks for your Help, But I have finally downloaded Microsoft MCTS 70-536 exam preparation from certkingdom.com they are provided me complete information about the exam, lets hope I get success for the 70-536 exam, I found there exams very very realistic and useful. thanks again